This is a standards-based 2nd grade writing curriculum. This program sequences through 33 weeks of lessons covering the skills 2nd grade writers need to acquire. The weekly lessons are fun and engaging while teaching 2nd grade appropriate skills. This program transitions second graders from sentences to complete paragraphs in both the expository and narrative genres. This 800+ page program focuses on ideas, organization, sentence fluency, spelling, conventions, and much more!
This 2nd grade writing curriculum includes 33 weeks of writing workshops that incorporate art, science, social studies, math, and music.
You will find everything you need in this 2nd grade writing curriculum including detailed step-by-step instructions, all lesson related templates, and actual student writing samples.
This 2nd grade writing curriculum includes:
- 33 weeks of daily second grade writing instruction aligned with the Common Core Standards
- Each week includes:
- An overview of the weeks plan and objective
- Five writing lessons
- A spelling activity
- A grammar or conventions activity
- All templates needed for the writing activities
- Instruction or reference sheets covering various topics
- A peer editing checklist
The writing lessons cover the following:
- Simple and descriptive paragraphs
- Main ideas, topic, and concluding sentences
- Venn diagrams
- Narrative and expository genres
- Verb and noun recognition and usages
- How to write a story
- Friendly letter writing
- Poetry types
- Phonemic awareness activities
- Detail building, elaboration, and descriptive writing activities and examples throughout the program
- Graphic organizer
- Brainstorming charts. Charts for upper level writing and assessment preparation.
- Lessons based on art, science, social studies and math
- Actual second grade student writing samples, of all levels, for assessment
- Writing rubric
This curriculum will allow your students to:
- Develop simple paragraphs while incorporating their science lessons about living and non-living things
- Learn how to plan and create paragraphs while blowing bubbles outdoors
- Create their own bug books utilizing the templates within the program
- Use the food pyramid and lunch box templates to transition from book writing to one page works
- Study vertebrates and learn to write a group of paragraphs in a continuous pattern
- Be introduced to narrative writing through color coding and story re-telling techniques
- Use the green/yellow/red tri-fold color coding system to dissect the parts of narrative writing
- Color code the narrative mountain planner to create their own narrative creations
- Learn how to write a friendly letter by playing our popular letter part card game
- Use the Japanese lantern templates to explore and create poetry
This Common Core aligned writing curriculum includes everything you will need to teach writing for the entire school year.
*** TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT ***
Click here to preview the table of contents and sample writing lessons.
Order your copy today and take the guess work out of writing instruction.
Item #: AY02…$49.95
Title: Just Write: All Year Long – Grade 2
Author: Kathryn Robinson
Format: Three Ring Binder
CCS Covered: W.2.1,W.2.2,W.2.3,W.2.5,W.2.6,W.2.7,W.2.8